Friday, August 12, 2011

Want me to make you lunch? Just give me 2 hours.

So, yesterday was interesting.  I started by putting Ryter down for a nap at 12:30 and then offered to make Vain lunch while he did some school work.  As soon as I put the water on to boil Ryter woke up and started screaming.  I turned the water off so I wouldn't forget it was there and burn the place down and proceeded to put Ryter back to sleep.  Then, I forgot I was making lunch and started doing laundry. When I realized I was first making lunch Ryter was waking up again...twice in 30 minutes.  So, I thought...I can do this.  I put the kid in the bouncy seat on the kitchen table and start making lunch.  The bouncy seat was relatively satisfying except every time his pacifier fell out of his mouth it was like the end of the world.  He wants it and it keeps him quiet, but he hasn't quite figured out that he has to suck to keep it in his mouth.  So, as the macaroni is boiling I'm warming mushroom sauce in the microwave, all the while checking on the laundry that I put in the dryer and putting the pacifier back in Ryter's mouth.  When the mushroom sauce came out of the microwave I bumped the bottom of the bowl on the counter and it slipped out of my hands and crashed onto the tile floor.  Mushroom sauce everywhere including in the silverware drawer which I will never understand, shards of bowl everywhere, screaming child, shrinking clothes, and a husband who apparently can't hear any of this going on.

2 hours after I began this little endeaver Vain comes into the kitchen and just looks at me and says, "whatcha doin?"

Oh  yeah, and I forgot to mention that I opened the dryer to find shreds of paper everywhere from a receipt in Vain's pants.  Just so happened to be an entire 8 1/2 x 11 piece of green paper.  What a mess!


The Crime Scene

The Crime Scene, and the end result...Ryter is sleeping

The Receipt

4 comments:

  1. I don't mean to laugh, but LOL!! It's crazy how having a baby increases the stress level so much and they are just so little. The mushroom sauce sounds good though.... looking forward to more stories, once that will probably include a different kind of mush, like baby poop! ewe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, so funny about macaroni--isn't it all kind of chaotic now? do you sometimes wonder what you used to do with your time? i remember when i told my boss i was pregnant with now asher she told me "just wait, i can remember nursing my third standing up while making macaroni for my 2nd and 1st, while the 1st was playing in the toilet and the 2nd was wrapped around my leg." IT'S SO TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well multitasking has always been your forte!!!! now we'll find out what you're really made of!! I have complete confidence in you're abilities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, poop happened yesterday! It was an explosion, there was no diaper on at the time so EVERYTHING was a target and a lot of laundry needed to be done!

    And yes, multitasking has always been my forte, but I've never had to do it with one hand.

    ReplyDelete