Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back in Austin

Ryter and I made it back to Austin without any problem.  We spent 10 days visiting my sister in Detroit and then driving to Wisconsin for a quick visit before flying back to Austin. The visit was great of course.  Ryter kept everyone busy-man this kid can move.  He's totally walking now, not just trying.  Maybe being out of our house was good for his walking because everything was new and he was so curious.  Now I look up and he's just toddling down the hallway like he's been walking his whole life.  He does this completely adorable thing with his hands that I will try to get on video because words just can't really explain it.  I call it jazz hands, but it is obviously his way of helping himself go.  He turns his palms toward himself and rotates his wrists while he brings his shoulders up to his ears.  It's really hilarious!

I also made a Ryter's Family book about a month ago and we've been reading it every night before bed, pointing out everyone in his family so he can learn names with faces since most everyone lives so far away.  Last night we went out for my cousin Jordan's birthday (Happy Birthday Fanny) and so bedtime was much later than usual.  We just sort of rushed through the bedtime routine, got the bottle, and sat down for nighty night.  He wouldn't lay down in my arms.  He kept reaching and sitting up so I just let him grab whatever it was that he was interested in and he went straight to the orange spined book that said Ryter's Family, grabbed it, and snuggled down in my arms to read.  It was really amazing to me...just so exciting to see that he is responding to the things we do for him and apparently enjoying them.

Ryter loves the thigh master in Detroit.
Dr. Ryter trying on Amanda's doctor hat.



















It's chilly in Detroit (that's Canada behind).
Bunchie love.



















Auntie Manda love.
Grandad love.


















Fast friends with Teagan and Sutter.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, your trip sounds amazing!! I remember heading to Milwaukee with only Cohen and being there for a week at a time just having fun and hanging out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you travel by yourself!? You are brave! Sorry about the airport incident :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go by myself. I've done it once before alone and twice with Vain. I have to admit that doing it by myself is actually easier because Vain is a very stressed traveler.

      Delete
    2. i resemble that remark...

      Delete