Friday, January 25, 2013

Paint Colors

I'm finally making some choices around here.  Thanks to my mom for pushing me because seriously we're sitting in a pile of crap with mismatched furniture, half torn up carpet, and lots Lots LOTS of yellow walls.

A Norse Legend
My palette for my living/dining/kitchen is really what I'm most excited about because I'm going gray.  It's not something I've ever done before as you all know.  I'm always bold with reds, blue, greens, and every wall a different color.  We're quieting down this time.

Gray walls with Martha Stewart's Bedford Gray (or something close to that),


and a beautiful almost purple but not quite called North Cascades in the dining room, 

 
and Martha Stewart's Gray Squirrel on the cabinets in the kitchen.


As far as the kitchen goes, I'm toying with the idea of keeping the counter tops to save some money.  They're formica and they're not attractive, but they are plain and in order to make them work, I think I can paint the top cabinets a creamy white color and the counters won't be so bad.
 
I posted a really dark picture of the blinds last week, but these are the blinds that I chose for all of the windows in the dining and living rooms, and up the stairs in the hallway. (that is not the view out of any of my windows)

The fabric for the dining chairs that will eventually be white, or some shade of that, is also gray.  I know this all seems really boring, but the accent color is aqua and all of the wood is cherry colored. It's so yummy!!


I also made a decision on the paint color in the bedroom.  We finally put our black platform bed together yesterday now that we have new carpet.  We got a gray and gold bedspread and I have a cute chair that I will recover with gray and gold as well.  I am going bold with the wall color in the bedroom because most of the walls will be covered with cabinetry from Ikea, windows, window treatments, bed/headboard and closet doors.  In the end there won't be very much wall showing.

Gallant Gold


Bedding

chair fabric

headboard and roman shade above bed

wardrobes

So, those are all of the decision I've made so far.  I will update with pictures of the real thing soon!





1 comment:

  1. I love all the greys :) Actually most of the repainting I've done in our house was to go grey, with the exception of my craft room (pale mint).

    Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    XO
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete