Saturday, August 17, 2013

New Bathroom Week-Part 1

Ryter was gone for two weeks so my plan was to redo the bathroom.  It ended up being a bigger job than I expected, but it's mostly done.  So far, we've replaced the swinging door with a sliding door to make a little more room in the bathroom.  All of the wood trim associated with the swinging door was removed and filled with wood filler.  Sanding is coming, but that doesn't affect the function of the bathroom so it's last on the list.

trim on the silver track is still to come


Vain took a look at moving the plumbing for the cold water so the vanity can contain all of the pipes behind the cabinet. He wasn't sure about the job, so I hired a plumber to come and take care of it.  It was quick and painless for him, although I'm not sure I could say the same if Vain and I would have been involved :)






















As part of the destruction that is happening in the bathroom, the weird closet/mirror/shutter door is now gone, as are the silly shelves that don't all go to the back of the closet.  I checked for insulation in the walls inside the closet and it does not exist.  Behind the closet wall is the siding.  This is not good.  It explains why our bathroom is so cold in the winter. We're basically bathing outside. As of right now, the plan is to insulate and install pre-made cabinets from Target.








































The electrician came and moved the outlet away from the faucet and also added another outlet down low inside the vanity for Vain's shaver to charge so that doesn't have to sit out on the counter all of the time.  I think in the end, that will end up being my most favorite part of the bathroom!  As you can see, a new light fixture has been added and the bathroom has also been painted a very pale pink instead of the gross green we've been reflecting onto our skin for the past 9 months.




















This project is taking a lot longer than expected and Ryter comes home today. The goal is just to get a working sink back in here by the end of the weekend.  Part 2 of my post will include tiling, the worst project in the history of man!  Lets just say, it's a little like child birth and I won't be doing it again until I only remember the experience as delightful!


No comments:

Post a Comment