Thursday, October 17, 2013

6 Weeks

I just realized I never posted this.  Hudson is 8 weeks now:

Hudson is 6 weeks old today.  Time has gone by so fast having two kids, that I can't believe I totally forgot to take monthly pictures like I did with Ryter.  Here is Hudson's first picture with his Monkey.  If he's anything like Ryter he'll be bigger than this Monkey before we know it!



Things have been going well for the most part.  If I could take each child and report on how they're doing as an individual I'd say Hudson is a baby so he doesn't do much but sleep.  I get up once at 12 and once at 4 to feed him.  I try to stay awake until 12 or at least crash while watching tv so that my 12:00 waking feels more like I'm still awake and not waking in the middle of the night.  He's a great baby.

Ryter is dealing with it all in his own way.  He's good in his new bed and rarely falls out, but without a side on the bed he's inclined to get out at the first eye opening so night time sleeping ends at 6 a.m. and naps are much shorter at somewhere between 45 min and 1.5 hours.  He's started hitting quite a bit on kids at the playground, kids we know, and Hudson too.  I guess we just wait this out and continue to repeat that hands are not for hitting.  I've been told it's normal and he'll grow out of it so I'm just waiting for the day we all wake up (at 8 a.m.) and hitting is a thing of the past.

Having two kids is crazier than I ever imagined.  The house is always a disaster, dishes are always piled on the dirty side of the sink, and half the time we have pizza for dinner.  Ryter eats by himself a lot while I try to figure out a schedule for feeding Hudson that doesn't involve feeding him while I'm cooking dinner or sitting down at the dinner table.  I seriously think it's impossible.  My heart breaks when I look at the back of that little blonde head sitting all by himself at our gigantic 8 person dining table.  He seems to eat when he's not bothered by anyone else around, so I guess I can look at it as letting him eat alone is better for his health.  Makes me feel a little better.

*having trouble with YouTube here so click on "Spaghetti" below.

Spaghetti

1 comment: