Monday, June 23, 2014

Long Time No See

So, it's been mentioned more than a few times that leaving 7 months in between blog posts isn't acceptable blog practice. Go figure! So, here goes the most compact version of my life over the past 7 months.

I have 2 kids now. Of course I did 7 months ago too, technically, but one was just kind of this bump that slept a lot. Now Hudson is crawling everywhere all of the time. Diaper changes are not a time for changing diapers but more a time for nakedness and wiggling away from me. Doesn't change at 21/2 either except there are less diapers and the ability to take clothes off unassisted. Solid foods have taken this little guy from "off the charts" in a bad, starving, ear infected, non-nursing way to "off the charts" in a gigantic big eating, constantly whining for food, stealing everybody's meal kind of way. Hudson is following in Ryter's footsteps. I'll have another 5year old running around here in no time (except he'll actually only be 2). Hudson has two front teeth now (all he wanted for Christmas), and two more on the way. He's shaping up to be a boy like most boys are. He's always got dirt under his finger nails, grass stains on his skin, and sand in his mouth!

Ryter started school a couple mornings a week. He needed something to help him get over the hump of having this new baby around and I needed some quiet time. I think it's the perfect amount of time away from home. The little things he's learned like sticking with the group, or me at the grocery store, and how to treat other kids have been invaluable. At this point with how difficult things were getting, that was much more important to me than whether he knew his ABCs (but he knows those too!). He's like the smartest kid you'll ever meet, said all moms everywhere. But for real, his vocabulary is amazing and his pronunciation is perfect. He's a really great kid, setting aside all moments of 21/2 year old break downs. He's now almost fully potty trained. Tiny boy undies are the freakin cutest thing. Good thing because they're mysteriously laying all over my house. I guess it starts young!

Vain is doing great. He's working on a big project at work that seems to be giving him the potential to move into a new area in his career. It's really exciting because he wasted so much time in his last job being stalled and not being given any responsibilities to help him grow and now he's finally seeing that. It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here! We're so proud of him. Further more, he's switched his schedule just in time for summer. He gets home between 4:30 and 5:00 now instead of 6:30 so there's so much more daddy play time. He's headed on a big trip to the Boundary Waters at the end of June, but I'll let him tell you about that when he gets back.

For myself, I'm still selling Rodan + Fields constantly on a quest for a partner to work with. I need to build a team of people under me to sell the products to maximize my income potential, and it's hard to find someone to start. I don't get out much so I do envy those in this business that actually do currently have other jobs. It seems like a much easier way to come in contact with people that would be interested in the product. I love it and I know it works! You start with your friends, and then their friends, and their friends, and so on. I've got a couple of friends (you know who you are) who could totally rock this just simply because of the environment they live in. My little life in a tiny town makes it a lot more work than it probably needs to be. In 8 months I've paid back my $1000 investment twice already and my client base is small right now. That part was easy. I think the beauty of this business for those with other jobs is that your regular work day can be filled with moments of R+F in little conversations and there's no need for home parties or really much work outside of a work day. This is especially true of anyone in the salon or other image-type business because they see so many new people every day. I think the biggest thing for me was just the idea that the investment was so small that even if I completely failed I wasn't going to lose my money.

Otherwise, we've been working tirelessly on a kitchen renovation which I will save for another post. Let's just say Do It Yourself isn't always worth it when you have two little guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment