Monday, July 9, 2012

Partial Arrival

Well, we have partially arrived in Wisconsin. Last week was so rough from saying goodbye to friends almost every day to saying goodbye to family and my beloved cat NJ.

We sold my car on Wednesday and started packing and loading the truck on Thursday. Our plan to be on the road by Saturday was totally unaccomplished. Ryter and I had flight reservations for Saturday so Vain dropped us at the airport and finished the Goodwill/city dump/Time Warner equipment return runs.  The final loading was Tetris basically and Vain had to choose to leave some things behind.  Poor Vain finally left Austin last night and will arrive hopefully by Wednesday morning pulling his Penske train behind him.

I will say that I am NEVER moving again until my child/children are old enough to help! My parents may be surprised to hear that we will be living here for the next 15 years :)

Kelly and Teagan met Ryter and me at the airport for our arrival "home" with balloons and a sign.  When you see those people at the airport don't you always wish they were there for you?  They always look like they're about to have so much fun!  This time that was me :)  We arrived at my parents house where my Grandmother had decorated with balloons and had leis and cake waiting for all of us.













For now, we're exploring the grass over and over, checking out the feeling of pine needles under our toes, and seeing just exactly what Bunchie has below 3 feet that can be touched, pushed, or tossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment