Thursday, March 14, 2013

Living and Dining Update

The living and dining rooms are still not complete, but they are painted and the curtains are up.  It's kind of hard to take pictures in these two rooms because there are so many windows that the colors get a little bit distorted, but it's what I've got so far.

This was the living room color before:


















Now, it looks like this:


I'm working on furniture for the far side of the room where those two dining room chairs currently sit. I guess I don't have a photo of the curtains in the living room right now, but they are the same as the gray ones in the dining room.

Here are our new pets. Strangely, it feels more alive in here now.


















...and our new vents.  This made the room feel so much more clean!

old
new
The dining room has been painted.  It went from a dark cranberry color to really really light lavender.  It feels so much bigger now! 

before

after




 The colored dining room chairs have moved to either side of the buffet in the dining room and are getting slip covers in this fabric:



The chairs were recovered in gray, and will be painted white this spring.


















I'm still waiting for a sale at Home Depot for this rug under the table:


We got a new, brighter, up to electrical code chandelier with a new light switch to control it.  The old chandelier was actually rigged and tied into an extension cord that went across the ceiling, down the wall, and plugged in at the floor...not safe and not code!  My mom thought of the ceiling medallion which is actually just a very light weight silver and gold piece of metal work from Pier 1.  Not just for walls anymore.





We're movin' and groovin'.  Next BIG project are kitchen counters and cabinets.  I'm dying to start on that, but for now...caulk, caulk, and more caulk!  I've found that it really hides a lot of things I can't otherwise fix!

Sneak peek on the counters-I found this on Pinterest and have already bought half of the butcher block I need.  SO EXCITED!










1 comment: