Friday, March 15, 2013

Rydoo and McGillicuddy

It's been a while since I've talked about Ryter, Vain, or this new baby growing inside me.  Well, I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and my belly is definitely bigger with this one than with Ryter.

Ryter-16 Weeks
New Baby-17 Weeks



















I'm also feeling a lot more stiffness this time, and I think this baby is really low for now because I remember being able to bend over a lot easier at this stage last time than I can now.  It just feels painful like I'm squishing the little Thumper.  Speaking of Thumper, I can already feel this one moving.  It's probably because I already know what it feels like so I can recognize it better.  I'll get my ultrasound in 2 weeks, but we're waiting again to find out what flavor this one will be until the very end.  I've been thinking about that and wondering why I don't have the urge to know the sex, but I just don't.  I really love surprises, and I don't peek at presents so maybe that's why I can be so patient.  I like to get the gift when it's meant to be given and never before.  That goes for birthday presents too.  Don't even try to give me something before the actual day!

So, the subject of this post is a little off I know.  Earlier this week Ryter decided to call himself Rydoo.  He's very serious about it sometimes.  If I ask him who "that" is in videos or pictures, he says Rydoo.  When I ask him "is your name Rydoo" he looks and me and says "yeah....noooooo".  It's very very funny!  I really have no clue where he got Rydoo.  I've always called him Rytee which he does call himself sometimes.  Whatever it is, I'm sure he'll have a new name for himself next week.  As for McGillicuddy...Vain asked me if I would call him that from now on.  I live in a very very weird house!

Ryter has been growing up so much!  He's trying the potty, although quite unsuccessfully.  A couple of times he actually went, but for now he just wants the chocolate treat he gets after he goes potty.  I can't give in :).  He's counting to 10, knows most of his colors (likes red the most and yellow is the hardest to learn), knows most of his shapes (circle is his favorite), and a few letters (O is the most popular).  He started singing the ABCs but it's mostly a combination of A D D I W and X.

I'm trying to teach him about the baby in my belly, he mostly just says New Baby when he points to unpacked boxes because I told him he can't open them because they're for the new baby.

















 




















No comments:

Post a Comment