Saturday, May 21, 2011

32 Weeks-Kansas City, Missouri

We went to Kansas City last weekend for Amanda's medical school graduation. We are all so proud! It ended up being a crazy cold weekend-similar to Sedona minus the food poisoning. I, of course as usual, only packed summer clothes because I live in Texas and just can't believe that other people are experiencing cooler temperatures. I checked the weather for the week leading up to the trip and it was sunny and upper 70s. I thought Great! I only have dresses that fit over this bowling ball so it'll be perfect. I also offered to pack Vain's suitcase as well and packed a bunch of t-shirts and shorts and one dressy outfit. He'll only need to dress up for the graduation day and the honors ceremony later that afternoon right? WRONG! Turns out the honors ceremony was the day before-the day we arrived. Sorry Vain, you have to wear the same outfit two days in a row-oops! The pants were too big, the shirt wasn't warm enough, he had no jacket...it was a mess. That evening we ended up running around trying to find a sweatshirt for him and pants for me. Apparently not even Wal-Mart carries long sleeve shirts this time of year in Kansas City. I managed to find a $.97 cent sweater at Gap Maternity, but that got cancelled out by the two pairs of full price pants I had to purchase that I pretty much hate because they have the huge belly stretchy thing-not a fan!

Enough about the clothes. Other than the small amount of time we had to spend outside freezing our butts off moving from hotel to apartment, or taking pictures after the ceremony we had a great weekend! Gram from Hartford was there, plus Grammer and Tracey from Texas and mom, dad, Amanda, Vain, and me.

So, I've made it to 32 weeks successfuly without many complaints. This was the first time my dad and Gram have seen me in person since I told everyone I was pregnant at Thanksgiving when I was only 8 weeks. I'm sure it was a shocker for them. For me and everyone here, its so gradual that I almost feel like I haven't changed at all.













3 comments:

  1. Congrats Amanda!!! Vain probably would have worn the same thing two days in a row anyway...so that's no big deal:) You look sooooo cute, can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl...the suspense is killing me!!! Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like Christmas! The closer it get gets the more curious I'm getting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so just in case anyone is wondering the bunny's granny is not also pregnant!!!! Just happen to be wearing all of the clothes I took so I didn't freeze to death! despite the weather we did have a good time...and lots of good food to eat...I love KC!...Next time we see you bunny will be here and "life" will go on....

    ReplyDelete