Wednesday, April 18, 2012

9 Months

Ryter turned 9 months on Saturday April 14 and he took his first steps on Sunday the 15th.  I've been saying that he's going to start walking any day now for the past month, but when he went from the toy box to the couch and took those two steps we knew that he was going to be running soon.  He had his 9-month doctor appointment on Monday and everything is perfect.  He's in the 50th percentile for height and 25th for weight. Still a tiny guy but climbing steady.  He is 18 lbs 13 oz and 28 1/2 inches tall.

I think we have sadly finished nursing and he is now drinking formula.  He is incredibly active and it's very difficult to get him to sit still and eat and also very difficult for me to know how much he's eating. His only issue is that he spits up quite a bit and I think we determined that it was the formula that was doing it so he's on soy now.  He's got a problem with cows milk when he has yogurt so he eats goat yogurt. I've got a similar problem with an upset stomach when I have any low fat milk products.  Cheese never bothers me and it doesn't bother him either but the low fat yogurt is a problem.  I also found out today that my Grandmother had to have goat milk as a child too so maybe its genetic.

On another note, Ryter hates cucumbers.  He has seriously eaten everything I've put in front of him including brussel sprouts, kale, lamb, papaya (yuck!), zucchini and a whole bunch of normal tasting foods too but the cucumber put him over the edge.  He wouldn't swallow, he wouldn't spit, he just kept his tongue hanging out of his mouth.  It eventually ended in vomiting after three tries at getting him to taste it.



As promised, another walking video.  It's kind of long but there's a little bit at the beginning and at the end.  Excuse the bumpy filming in the middle.


Still no teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment