Friday, July 22, 2011

One Week Old

Thursday Ryter was one week old and I'm just finally getting around to writing.  I cannot believe it has gone so fast.  We've been working on our routine of feeding and sleeping and I don't think we've got it down yet.  Last night he cried for about 30 min. before I couldn't stand it anymore and I had to pick him up. He was very upset!  I guess we'll try again a different day to sleep in the crib.  Until then, he's a chest baby all the time snuggling up to the warmth of mommy and daddy. 

He had his first doctor's appointment on Tuesday and started gaining weight going back up towards his birth weight so that means he's eating well and getting what he needs.  He's a big eater so I wasn't surprised. Everything else is healthy and going just the way its supposed to.

Here are a couple of pictures of my guys.

Week 1
Big Foot
Week 2
Success!  Daddy finally got Ryter to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. He's so cute!!! Asher slept for the very first time in his crib about a week ago--he's 5 months :) Don't stress, this young he'll probably not fall asleep on his own without eating and being set down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a couple of good looking guys!!! cant wait to see you all.....love to you bunch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the big foot picture! He looks so comfy!!! Give the Voelz's a call if you get home to visit --- we'd love to see your little guy! Congrats to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete